How does a Mesh Work
The COVR-C1203 is one of our brand new Mesh Wi-Fi solutions. So we were pretty amped to try it out and see if it really offers “seamless connection”..
This is what we thought you should know…
The most important specs you’ll want to check out:
- AC1200 Dual-Band wireless for combined speeds up to 1200Mbps
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- One seamless network throughout your home
- MU-MIMO: handle multiple devices at the same time witout slowing speed
- Smart Steering & Smart Roaming automatically connects devices to strongest signal & Wi-Fi band
- Easy setup with web-based setup wizard & Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS)
- Box Includes 3 units + 2 cover plates in different colours
The Pros and Cons:
- Coverage is better than you would get with just one Access point
- No connection drop when roaming from one area to another (tested with Wi-Fi calling)
- Devices sync up easily with LAN cables or WPS button
- Can connect the units from two boxes (6 units in total)
- Offers guest zone and parental control options
- Customizable look with cover plates in 3 different colours
- Can’t select which Wi-Fi band you want to connect to (2.4GHz or 5GHz)
- Can’t access individual devices in mesh through the IP address provided by the main unit
- Setup using D-Link Wi-Fi app was very slow or timed out.
- Adding the “A device” from the 2nd box (if you’re setting up a mesh with 6 devices) could cause the nearest “B device” to connect to it instead of both of them connecting to the original “A device” from the 1st box of units.
What makes this product special?
The Unit can easily provide internet for a small to medium office or home. The smart roaming works great when you need to move around a lot. The Device look elegant and will easily blend into any environment. Best of all its easy to install.