Computex 2019 marked the launch of Cooler Master’s latest COSMOS. The COSMOS C700P Black Edition is an upgrade of the original COSMOS C700P that extends further than its matte-black coating, comprised of internal and external advancements.
COSMOS C700P Black Edition
The COSMOS C700P Black Edition features an upgraded version of the original frame, outfitted with a new cover system that offers a wider view over the hardware chamber. The entire cover system is revamped, featuring improved customization options and functionality for the PSU shroud and the cable covers.
The PSU shroud is comprised of two parts; the outward-facing plate for aesthetics and the top plate for mounting options. With each part independent from one another, repositioning of both pieces are possible around all sides of the frame. For both aesthetic and configuration possibilities, the cable cover system features 3 pieces that are able to mount an SSD or a pump, while also offering the flexibility to hide cables routed behind the storage bracket and PSU area.
- COSMOS C700P Black Edition – Advancements upon the original COSMOS C700P include the PSU Shroud, flat radiator brackets, fine mesh panels, cable cover system, and an extra rear panel—all housed in a matte black C700P.
- Highly Versatile Layout – The unique frame design supports a conventional, chimney, inverse layout, or a fully customized layout. The motherboard tray is also removable for installation outside of the chassis.
- Extensive Cable Cover System – The 3 included covers can be placed on either the M. Port or on the mid-plate, with the ability to mount SSD storage or a reservoir.
- Diverse Liquid Cooling Support – A flat radiator bracket design offers more versatility for liquid cooling with the ability to be mounted on the top, front, or bottom of the frame. The two included brackets can each support a 420mm radiator.
- Curved Tempered Glass Side Panel – A lightly-tinted tempered glass side panel, with two curved edges, offer a wide view of the system build.
- RGB Lighting Control & Sync Up – Control the RGB lighting system from the front I/O panel by switching lighting modes or by syncing the lighting system with the motherboard.
- Rich Connectivity – The advanced I/O panel features a USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C port, four additional USB 3.0 ports, a fan speed control button and an RGB control button.
Advanced build features include compatibility, storage, and versatility improvements. Flat radiator brackets offer an easier maintenance, mounting, and removal process for water-cooling. The new design also features more clearance for push-pull configurations and radiator support in the lower compartment when the PSU is installed. A total of 4 SSDs can be mounted with an additional 4 Combo SSD/HDD bays included in the box; with optional accessories, 12 x 3.5” HDDs can be mounted. An alternative rear panel is included in the box, further extending the support for exotic layouts with motherboards and graphics cards oriented upwards or downward with cable grommets for external cable routing.
Since 2007, the COSMOS line has been revered for its iconic design, premium materials, and its vast build potential. Seen as the ultimate series and having housed some of the most extreme systems, COSMOS cases have been a community favorite, persistently chosen by pro modders to compete in case mod tournaments. With community-driven development resulting in the MasterConcept, the core of the COSMOS C700P Black Edition remains true to the value of unlimited potential in customization.